*Update to Handyman program*
Please note, as of April 2nd, 2020 we are accepting applications for exterior projects only, where social distancing can actively be adhered to. This includes fencing, roofing of sheds and garages, deck building, yard work/spring clean up, etc. Keeping our team safe while helping those in the local community that need our services is a priority.
From the smallest jobs of hanging framed prints, mirrors, shelving, changing a door handle, replacing trim, replacing faucets, a toilet, painting, hanging curtains or gardening right through to full basement or kitchen renovations, fencing & decks, our Habitat Handyman program is for you!
Now serving ALL residents (homeowner or renter) in the Sarnia/Lambton County area, we are here to make your life easier, safer and happier. Our professional and courteous staff will ensure your project is done right and in a timely manner.
With the popularity of this program growing year over year, we are delighted to offer this service with both low income and mainstream pricing structures. Inclusion means everything to us.
Habitat Handyman offers the following services:
- Interior/exterior General Carpentry
- Cabinet Removal & Installation
- Kitchen repair/renovation
- Bathroom repair/renovation
- Vinyl Siding Repair/Removal/Installation
- Drywall installation/repair
- Interior/exterior painting
- Installation of Flooring (laminate & ceramic)
- Installation of attic insulation
- Pressure Washing – Home Exterior
- Deck/Porch Repair and Maintenance
- Roofing service for sheds & garages
- Yard maintenance & clean up
- Fence & Deck construction
We are happy to receive requests for services not shown on the list above.
NOTE: Habitat Handyman does not currently offer electrical, rough in plumbing or heating services.
We offer both a low income and a mainstream pricing structure, something to suit various budgets and income levels; inclusion is very important to our mission of supporting those in our local community that need a helping hand.
Your Steps to booking a Handyman for your project:
- Please apply for our Handyman services here online or visit us at the ReStore for a paper copy of the application.
- Those residents looking for low-income pricing will need to provide income statement for confirmation (previous year’s CRA Notice of Assessment). Income levels are calculated with the HILS table found below.
- Once your application goes in, our Habitat Handyman staff member will book a free consultation with you to visit your space and evaluate the scope of work required.
- If the work falls within our scope of services offered, then our Handyman will provide the homeowner with a written estimate of the materials (if applicable) and the labour required to complete the project.
- As the homeowner, you will sign and approve the estimate, then return it to our Habitat Handyman staff member. In the event the property is a rental unit, HFHS/L requires written consent from the property owner and/or landlord prior to carrying out the improvements.
- On receipt of a 50% deposit from you, any materials required will be purchased by our team and a project start date will be scheduled.
- Our Handyman team goes to work in a safe and professional manner.
- On completion of the job, an invoice for the balance owing will be sent to you the homeowner for payment (30-day terms).
Handyman project cost is based on income level, with two pricing streams available.
Does Your Family Qualify?
Habitat Sarnia/Lambton uses the Service Ontario High Needs Household Income Limits… or “HILS” tables to determine eligibility. These tables connect maximum annual household income to the size of your home.
|Size of your home||Maximum gross household income|
|2-bedroom home||Not more than $38,000|
|3-bedroom home||Not more than $43,500|
|4+ bedroom home||Not more than $54,000|
- Your home has 3 bedrooms. Your gross household income is $29,500.
You qualify to apply for Habitat Handyman services.
- Your home has 4 bedrooms. Your gross household income is $56,000.
We are sorry. We are unable to provide low-income pricing for you…but can happily assist you through the Main Stream Pricing System.
With all that said, we invite you to apply online by clicking the link below.